Considering that the results of a world-wide survey of domestic violence were releasedin November 2012, showing both men and women suffered domestic violencee in nearly equal numbers, Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull’s media release (below), on September 24, 2015, makes him look a proper goose and illustrates his captivity, orchestrated by the feminist-controlled domestic violence lobby. His office announced:
Women and children in Australia have the right to feel safe and live without fear of violence.
Yet, one in six Australian women has experienced violence from a current or former partner, and 63 women have been killed so far this year.
For Indigenous women the situation is even worse – they are 34 times more likely to behospitalised as a result of family violence.
In recent weeks, we have seen yet again the devastating impact that domestic and family violence has on our community. The tragic and avoidable deaths of women and their children at the hands of current or former partners or family members highlight the need for urgent action.
We must elevate this issue to our national consciousness, and make it clear that domestic, family or sexual violence is unacceptable in any circumstances.
Today the Australian Government is announcing a $100 million package of measures to provide a safety net for women and children at high risk of experiencing violence. The package will improve frontline support and services, leverage innovative technologies to keep women safe, and provide education resources to help change community attitudes to violence and abuse.[i]
Announcing the policy, Turnbull said that domestic violence was a “cultural problem” that started with disrespect for women.
“Disrespecting women does not always result in violence against women, but all violence against women begins with disrespecting women,” Turnbull said.
“We as leaders of government must make it, and we will make it, a clear national objective of ours to ensure Australia is more respecting of women, women must be respected.”
“Disrespecting women is unacceptable, it is unacceptable at every level – at home, at the workplace, wherever.”
Out of the $100 million of taxpayer funding for women, an amount of $2 million was set-aside for men. However, even that minuscule amount was just to fund MensLine so that men can “get help” if they feel like disrespecting women.
[i] “Women’s safety package to stop the violence”, Prime Minister’s Press Office (Canberra), media release, September 24, 2015.